After three years of service as the Chair of the Stakeholder Forum Board of Directors, Philip Dobie, former Director of the UNDP Environment Cluser in Nairobi, has stepped down. Mr. Dobie, who has 30 years of experience in international development, helped guide Stakeholder Forum in the preparation for and follow-up to the Rio+20 Conference.
Stakeholder Forum is supporting Future Earth, the global research program for science for sustainability. Stakeholder Forum will be represented by Farooq Ullah on the Future Earth Interim Engagement Committee, which will advise Future Earth on its research agenda. The recently released Future Earth Design Report outlines the research agenda and structure of Future Earth.
In order to inform the deliberations of the December meeting of theOpen Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals (OWG on SDGs), Stakeholder Forum has conducted an analysis of the proposals currently housed within the SDGs e-Inventory which relate to the thematic areas of the Sixth OWG Session.
In order to inform the deliberations of the November meeting of the Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals (OWG on SDGs), Stakeholder Forum has conducted an analysis of the proposals currently housed within the SDGs e-Inventory which relate to the thematic areas of the Fifth OWG Session.
Stakeholder Forum and its partners are organising a focused, invite-only meeting on 15 November with the UN Ambassador of Finland and Co-Chair of the UN's Committee of Experts on Sustainable Development Financing, Pertti Majanen.
More Articles ...
- Stakeholder Forum Press Release on commitment to MDGs and summit for post-2015 global goals
- Stakeholder Forum endorses SIWI's recommendations for the Nairobi Work Programme
- Guide to events during the 68th Session of the UN GA in September 2013
- Paper on the convergence of the Post-MDG and SDG decision-making processes
- SDGs e-Inventory now also available in French and Spanish
- Stakeholder Forum's Response to the High Level Panel's Report
- Business and a Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda
- The Nature of Stakeholder Engagement at Rio+20