The Global Sustainability Panel Secretariat, Aviva Investors and Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future invite you to attend the event: How can the private sector contribute to Global Sustainability? This event is part of the events organised around the launch of the report: Resilient People, Resilient Planet: A future worth choosing published on 30th January 2012. The report is the result of a 17 month global consultation led by a 22-member High Level Panel, established by the UN Secretary-General. It details the extent of the sustainability challenges that we face and outlines a blueprint of what needs to be done nationally and internationally to bring about a green and fair transition to a sustainable future.
This event will address the role of the private sector in sustainable development, with the panellists commenting on the recommendations put forward by the report.
- Janos Pasztor, Executive Secretary of the Global Sustainability Panel
- Steve Waygood, Head of Sustainability Research and Engagement
- Craig Bennett, Policy and Campaigns Director Friends of the Earth UK
- <>Nick Robins, Head of Climate Change Centre, HSBC Bank PLC UK
- Open Q&A with the audience
Moderator: Farooq Ullah, Head of Policy and Advocacy, Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future
Followed by drinks reception
Monday 27th February, 2012
6:00 – 8:00 pm
Venue: Aviva Investors, 1 Poultry, London, EC2R 8EJ