Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today unveiled a new panel on global sustainability that is tasked with finding ways to lift people out of poverty while tackling climate change and ensuring that economic development is environmentally friendly.
The United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development has launched an official website for the Rio+20 Earth Summit in 2012. To view the website click here.
SF is partnering with Yale University and UNITAR to support the 2nd Global Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy.
On behalf of the UNEP Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-Based Activities (GPA-Marine), Stakeholder Forum is pleased to draw your attention to latest edition of the GPA newsletter.
We are really pleased to be welcoming Nicola Williams to the SF team in London. Nicola will be taking over Emily's role as Project Manager whilst she is on maternity leave. To find out more about Nicola's experience and background, just click here.
Stakeholder Forum has produced a roadmap with key events and milestones towards Earth Summit 2012, Rio + 20, which is available for download here.
On 15th July 2010 Stakeholder Forum brought together a diverse range of UK stakeholders to discuss the Rio+20 Earth Summit and the outcomes from the first preparatory meeting (PrepComm1), which took place in New York from 17th-19th May 2010.
More Articles ...
- NEW: Latest TEEB Report now out
- Stakeholder Forum addresses UN Water-DPAC DW Media Forum: Water and Climate Change Workshop
- Stakeholder Forum addresses joint meeting of IUCN and WWF staff on Rio+20
- Stakeholder Forum Annual Report for 2009 Now out
- Stakeholder Forum meets G20 Sherpa
- "Another Earth Summit on Sustainable Development in 2012: Leading or Misleading the World through a Green Economy?"
- Stakeholder Forum hosting UK stakeholder meeting on Earth Summit on 15th July
- Earth Summit update